Height: 36 in Weight: 30.5 lbs Shoe size: 6 Clothing size: 2/3T
This girl is changing SO much these days that Craig and I knew we needed to jot some stuff down. So here it goes…
- Calls Taylor Swift “Tire Sweats”
- Her demeanour & how she says things is either very sassy or extremely sweet
- She is soooooo affectionate. She gives the best squeezey hugs and wet open mouthed kisses that last for several seconds
- She is very emotional. Which worries us for the future
- Would prefer to be naked 100% of the time
- Thinks the world of her big sis and loves to echo her thoughts
- Has gone from requesting “Tinkle Tinkle” every night to now adding in One Direction and Tire Sweats songs to her night time repertoire
- Still napping 1-2 hours per day. Which we plan to hold on to for as long as possible
- Still sleeping in a crib cause she cray cray but has never attempted an escape
- Super gentle with animals
- Shrugs her shoulders when she’s excited
- Becomes velcro when mama works a bunch
- Takes a decent amount of time to warm up in social situations
- Tends to gallop to where ever she’s headed
- Thinks Daddy is an indestructible jungle gym
- World’s best 2 year old sharer
- Will occasionally be resistant to letting us do her hair. So she ends up looking like a 12 year old emo kid
- Surprises us every single day with the words she uses and the sentences & questions she strings together
- Is straight up hilarious. We couldn’t love her more
This is my second year of taking the time to photograph Craig opening his Father’s Day gifts and it’s crazy to see just how much the girls have grown and changed in a year. Craig started his day off with a round of golf and came home to two ecstatic little girls ready to leap into his arms and wish him a Happy Father’s Day. Brynlee and Jess were so proud to show off their artwork and for him to open his presents! I am so thankful to have these beautiful moments frozen in time.
You can find last year’s post here
This year the girls and I went on a “tour de blossom” with my good friend Cassandra and her kiddos Kaia and Koa. We started at Irene Parlby Park and made our way to the beautiful Victoria Promenade.
We also caught the Saskatoon bushes flowering at my parents’ place. The flowers only last a few days so we went out and took pictures even though it was lightly drizzling.
Our little princess turned 2!
We celebrated by painting each other’s nails (including painting Daddy’s toenails silver & sparkly) and partied during dinner with the entire family and gaggle of cousins. We kept it pretty low key as Brynlee’s surgery was the day before but we are certain Jessy felt all the love. Happy Birthday you diva princess!
This February, we took a family trip down to my parents’ condo in Bucerias, Mexico (25 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta). We booked it just over a week in advance and altered our itinerary to 18 days from the 10ish days we originally had talked about. It was certainly a great decision as the Edmonton area experienced a ‘polar vortex’ for virtually the entire month of February. Environment Canada issued extreme cold warnings nearly every single day… resulting in an absurd 60°C temperature difference!
The last time we took the girls to Mexico was in November of 2017. Brynlee was 2 ½ and Jess was 8 months. Apparently I didn’t blog about it… & thinking back, my fuzzy memory just includes Jessie being super miserable & irritable while cutting a gazillion teeth.
Luckily, Mexico has grown on Jess and she now enjoys it as much as her sister! They shared a room and bonded in a way I couldn’t have imagined. It certainly made the long nights and busy days with two young children extremely worth it.
Unsurprisingly our little fish spent every possible second swimming in the pool and making up games. She also enjoyed chasing the waves on the beautiful sandy beach.
Our first few nights were spent next door in a very generous family friends’ unit. Brynlee got to sleep in her very first bunkbed and the girls were thrilled to be able to slip on sandals and hop, skip or jump their way over to see their cousins staying at my parents’.
Having their cousins there certainly made an already amazing experience even more exciting. Growing up, I did not have the luxury of living close to any of mine, so seeing them play together made my heart burst.
Craig and I enjoyed a number of excellent full body massages at the spa just down the street. We walked down to the Bucerias square for churros & cotton candy at night, where Brynlee inevitably made new friends every single time. We also indulged in three once in a lifetime experiences: horseback riding on the beach during sunset; swimming with dolphins; and releasing baby sea turtles into the ocean.
At the conclusion of Brynlee’s session of swimming with the dolphins, she was concerned that she never got to feed the dolphins any treats or get them to do tricks (as per her favourite movie A Dolphin Tale). Thus, the trainer came over and asked if she wanted to do something that no else ever gets to do… Enter Brynlee the dolphin trainer! We were actually quite shocked that she actually picked up the fish!! She was ecstatic!
While Craig and Brynlee swam with the dolphins, I got to be a spectator and take some pictures. I also made a new friend ^^^ This little guy definitely tried to make his way into the dolphin pools
We actually did the turtle release twice because it was such a neat opportunity. Below is a video of Jess & Craig. It is probably the cutest and my most favourite video of Jess to date.